Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Women Empowerment Wednesday

ok, and he looks like this....hes totally the hottest hero.
Ive been sooooo super busy to blog, but I couldn't let Wednesday slide without some words for women. I want to talk about our search for men. Superhero men. See, we all want the hero as our penguin. I for one, have ALWAYS been a Superman fan. ALWAYS. And I have come to realize I have allowed my standards to settle to any superhero that comes my way. Big Mistake. Now, Superman is the ultimate prize,and I will explain why. Superman is not of this Earth. He is an alien who was shipped out into space as a baby to save his life. He grew up on Earth, and realized his superhero potential. He is a model citizen, and life saving extraordinaire.



 He is very different from Spiderman, Batman, Captain America, and the Green Lantern. They are all human men, who have mutated, morphed, or decided they were good enough to become superheros.

 I've dated a few Captain Americas. The problem is, they all think they are on the same level as Superman, but cant possibly be because they are of this world and Earth. Very egocentric. I also most recently dated Batman. Batman was the closet I've come thus far to dating Superman, but still, was just a man who loved crime fighting.
To be not of this world as Superman, is to view the world as a learning experience. Superman must assimilate into the world, yet alone, he knows he is different. This is the kind of man we all should be looking for ladies. Someone who questions our world, lives in our world, and wants to do something wonderful for the sake of the people in our world. Not egocentric, but confident. Not a know it all,  but an inquisitive learner. Not someone who does things for headlines, but because he genuinely cares. All  of these principles are applied not only to the macroscopic world, but in relationships as well. Let me say this, however. Superman does not want Lois Lane (sorry to break the Damsel's heart). He wants a wonder woman. A woman who knows who she is, what she wants, is is going for it. A woman who wakes up in the morning not compromising her goals, self worth, and morals. Superman and wonder woman are the ultimate power couple. As I continue my single journey, I make it clear to those around me, I am wonder woman, and will settle for nothing less than Superman. Will this make it difficult on me, as I probably will miss out on some dates and fun times with sub par superheroes? Absolutely. But Superman is what I, and every woman deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment