Sunday, November 6, 2011

bows, hoes, healthfairs and hotties

Well, this weekend was a shitshow. An awesome one. Let's start Friday. Friday was bows and hoes night!!! It was amazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-ing. Me and Charlotte shopped a little and had some quality bestie time. Then we met up with the rest of the Sex and the City girls and the Geisha. Had some dinner at my favorite restaurant, and got complimented on our bows! We are adorable. This is NOT up for debate. We then convinced our Geisha to 30 minutes at blue martini with us. (This was at 10 pm or so) We all left around midnight. Yep, it was a good ol time of objectifying men (oldies, firefighters, bouncers, you know, thats how we roll) and drinking oh so delicious martinis. We even took control of the photographer's camera and produced this little gem:

Gangster, I know. So I stayed the night at Carrie's (didnt arrive there til 2 am bc of a miscommunication with my mother which I prefer to not revisit right now). I had to be up at 6:45 to get to the Delray Healthfair on time. So I rushed to get ready, and ran down the stairwell of her building to get to my car. I found myself locked in a windowless cement hallway, and wasnt sure how to get out. I wanted to at this point sit down and cry. So I called Carrie to bail me out and even though her phone was on silent, intuition told her to check it. She got me to my car, and off I went to the healthfair. I saw some patients, made a new friend in my class, and scarffed down some delicious Haitian food. Havent had homecooked griol and pikliz since my trip to Haiti in March. My belly was happy. Then I went to my moms and napped with my kitties. Post nap, mom made me dinner, then bailed on our Journey tribute concert. I headed home, but didnt wanna go home. I know Ron Burgundy had plans, so I called Carrie (shes ALWAYS up for wife mischief). I went to her house, and we ended up at our favorite little beach pub, The Briny.We went and were (as usual) the prettiest, youngest girls there. We had an encounter with a sociopath who told me he met me last weekend in Ft. Lauderdale (he did not), that he did me last weekend (he DEFINITELY did not), he was a boat captain (another lie) and he liked me better than Carrie (this was after he told her we wanted to break her eye glasses). To our rescue came a middle aged Bostonian with an awesome accent. He wasnt creepy, just saw two young girls being made very uncomfortable by a whack job. We talked to him and his friend all night, and decided to cash out and go home. And our receipt looked like this:
I love the Briny bartenders. We are apparently hotties.
Today, we went for a 5.6 mile walk down A1A and it was glorious!!!!!! Such a gorgeous day. We talked about all sorts of stuff, and I trespassed onto someones dock on their intracoastal property to be a badass. Perfect day. Perfect weekend. Back to the reality of med school tomorrow??? NOOOOOOOOOOO! I dont want it.
I also did something therapeutic today. I deleted Burgundy from my FB and phone. It makes me crazy to know he is doing things without me, and I need to get over him. So if he texts me, then Ill talk to him. Otherwise, I have no way of contacting him or seeing what he is up to. And its better for my mental health that way.

3 comments:

  1. What happened? Why are we getting over Ron Burgendy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I doubt I will get over him at this point in time, but I need to start to. My feelings for him in context of the reality of our relationship is unhealthy. Ill blog more about it today. :-) Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what I needed to hear. Keep up with my blog loverinserepeat for updates.

    ReplyDelete